­
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: universal credit,stupid questions,

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 10:16 #12323

  • london123
  • london123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 307
hi.
just read a note they have sent me in my online uc journal,asking me about the gaps in employment i have had in the last 12 months,how much i was paid ect. as it will affect my benefit.
but i have not worked for years,i was on jsa for several years before being moved on to universal credit, can they not see this on there computers,
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, TheFinnster, Searcher

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 12:18 #12325

  • jobber
  • jobber's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1013
  • Thank you received: 1885
Hi London123,

That is indeed a stupid question and one which they should have asked at your UC application stage if this was an issue.

In line with their warped way of thinking i see this as yet another scam to stop peoples benefit on the basis of:

YOU NEED TO SUPPLY X INFO OR YOUR UC 'could be' stopped. :evil:

I'd just fill it in zeroing everything out that's not applicable.

Tax office will have all your tax/ ni on file, so refer these morons to that.Id also be asking what part of the digital world has .gov not caught up with. This clearly shows yet again a breakdown in communication within their 'departments. :whistle: ' .

As yet London, i haven't received such a message so i'd ask planks as to why your getting this message and also ask are they sending it to EVERYONE or just you etc.Like whats the bloody problem roach.


The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, TheFinnster, london123, Searcher

universa credit stupid questions 23 Dec 2018 12:42 #12332

  • Paul-UB40
  • Paul-UB40's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 2851
  • Thank you received: 2597
Looks like Not, Now you just cannot expect a Roach to "Think ! " Let alone look at there Notes of your Case File.
Roaches = Useless Fools.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber, TheFinnster, london123

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 13:11 #12334

  • london123
  • london123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 307
jobber wrote:
Hi London123,

That is indeed a stupid question and one which they should have asked at your UC application stage if this was an issue.

In line with their warped way of thinking i see this as yet another scam to stop peoples benefit on the basis of:

YOU NEED TO SUPPLY X INFO OR YOUR UC 'could be' stopped. :evil:

I'd just fill it in zeroing everything out that's not applicable.

Tax office will have all your tax/ ni on file, so refer these morons to that.Id also be asking what part of the digital world has .gov not caught up with. This clearly shows yet again a breakdown in communication within their 'departments. :whistle: ' .

As yet London, i haven't received such a message so i'd ask planks as to why your getting this message and also ask are they sending it to EVERYONE or just you etc.Like whats the bloody problem roach.


i ticked the box which said i have earnt less than £450 a month, then i sent my roach a message asking why i have received this message .
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster, TW35

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 13:21 #12336

  • jobber
  • jobber's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 1013
  • Thank you received: 1885
That sounds all ok London.

Wait for roach to respond of which should be very quick as this new system has "apparently" been designed to help process these kind of issues with ease.

We will see. :whistle:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, TheFinnster, london123

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 18:44 #12342

  • comply or die
  • comply or die's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2724
  • Thank you received: 3285
London wrote: asking me about the gaps in employment i have had in the last 12 months,how much i was paid ect. as it will affect my benefit.

Or rather, they want to know of any earnings you may have had in the last 12 months? So you reply:

"Hello, I can confirm I have never worked or earned anything in the past 12 months as I have been claiming JSA only. My benefit should not be affected as I have no income to declare.

london123.

Also London if you have been sent anything in the past few years related to tax paid on your JSA (these usually come in brown envelopes too) from the contributions agency. If you have any, photocopy them and take them to your next job centre meeting. The paperwork should say TAX from X to Y £0.00 and quote JSA. I still have some on file in my folder from past JSA claims or ESA claims but if you don`t have any or did and shredded them, you can always ask the tax people to check for you. They are only a call away or ask joke club to do it. After all, these departments are supposed to be able to cross reference.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 23 Dec 2018 20:48 #12345

  • london123
  • london123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 307
comply or die wrote:
London wrote: asking me about the gaps in employment i have had in the last 12 months,how much i was paid ect. as it will affect my benefit.

Or rather, they want to know of any earnings you may have had in the last 12 months? So you reply:

"Hello, I can confirm I have never worked or earned anything in the past 12 months as I have been claiming JSA only. My benefit should not be affected as I have no income to declare.

london123.

Also London if you have been sent anything in the past few years related to tax paid on your JSA (these usually come in brown envelopes too) from the contributions agency. If you have any, photocopy them and take them to your next job centre meeting. The paperwork should say TAX from X to Y £0.00 and quote JSA. I still have some on file in my folder from past JSA claims or ESA claims but if you don`t have any or did and shredded them, you can always ask the tax people to check for you. They are only a call away or ask joke club to do it. After all, these departments are supposed to be able to cross reference.

i could not reply "Hello, I can confirm I have never worked or earned anything in the past 12 months as I have been claiming JSA only. My benefit should not be affected as I have no income to declare.
as there were just boxes to tick,and no where to write any message back.
This attachment is hidden for guests. Please log in or register to see it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 24 Dec 2018 10:15 #12350

  • comply or die
  • comply or die's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2724
  • Thank you received: 3285
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying london. Just aswell they had the area highlighted for you to confirm. It`s like being controlled on a daily basis by some internet entity.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber, TheFinnster, london123

universal credit,stupid questions, 26 Dec 2018 20:27 #12388

There should be an option to directly message your "work roach" or whoever is reading your UC journal.

Having moved recently to a UC only area, I'm at the beginning of having to deal with whatever crap they throw at me. I've had the ID interview where I had to bring 3 forms of identification, but the next appointment (in 10 days time) will be the deal breaker. No doubt in another thread I shall post what happened...
Flotsam: People who are considered to be worthless or to have been rejected by society.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster, london123

universal credit,stupid questions, 26 Dec 2018 21:46 #12391

  • london123
  • london123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 307
yes there is an option to directly message your "work roach"
but they either do not reply or when they do they make no sense,
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 26 Dec 2018 21:54 #12392

london123 wrote:
yes there is an option to directly message your "work roach"
but they either do not reply or when they do they make no sense,
Hmm, that's probably why a recent post (ok, more like a rant) to whoever is my work coach has remained unanswered...! :lol:
Flotsam: People who are considered to be worthless or to have been rejected by society.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, Catwoman, jobber, TheFinnster, london123

universal credit,stupid questions, 28 Dec 2018 11:44 #12426

  • london123
  • london123's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 161
  • Thank you received: 307
just had a reply from my work roach after messaging her about this 12 month work history, she said to write i have been previously on jsa, i replied there was no where to write that only boxes to tick, she replied again saying to ring the service center, to sort it out, which i am not going to do
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster, TW35

universal credit,stupid questions, 28 Dec 2018 13:14 #12430

  • Catwoman
  • Catwoman's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 342
Whats the point in having an wc when anytime you need help they tell you to phone uc.
Why do you need to phone anyone when the wc tells everyone that uc is all about using the internet.

There's no point in work coachs as when they have to do anything they tell you to phone someone instead of them putting a note on your file instead.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul-UB40, comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster, london123, TW35

universal credit,stupid questions, 28 Dec 2018 13:44 #12432

  • Paul-UB40
  • Paul-UB40's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 2851
  • Thank you received: 2597
Catwoman wrote:
Whats the point in having an wc when anytime you need help they tell you to phone uc.
Why do you need to phone anyone when the wc tells everyone that uc is all about using the internet.

There's no point in work coachs as when they have to do anything they tell you to phone someone instead of them putting a note on your file instead.

Could go one step further, Whats the Point of a Benefits System, That Dont Work ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, Catwoman, jobber, TheFinnster, london123, TW35

universal credit,stupid questions, 28 Dec 2018 13:56 #12434

  • comply or die
  • comply or die's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2724
  • Thank you received: 3285
Absolutely right Catwoman. The journal is supposed to be a two way conversation for questions between coach and customer, yet many people are saying they are told to call the UC helpline (0800 freephone number) but just aswell as it takes half an hour listening to Vivaldi before anyone answers. Or if they DO get an online journal answer, it`s not always on the same day....or even the next day. :dry: Not good eneough.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catwoman, El-dudeareno, jobber, TheFinnster, london123, TW35

universal credit,stupid questions, 30 Dec 2018 15:58 #12486

  • Searcher
  • Searcher's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Senior Member
  • Posts: 74
  • Thank you received: 193
A short report by Law Centre NI - "Universal Credit: protecting claimants through the migration process"

lawcentreni.s3.amazonaws.com/WRG-recommendations-on-UC-Managed-Migration_Nov2018.pdf

"7. Claimants who are deemed to naturally migrate to Universal Credit do not receive any financial support to compensate
for any drop in entitlement. This results in a significant drop in monthly income as demonstrated by the following graph."

"9. Because they moved to UC through natural migration, there is no financial protection / support."

"12. However, the term ‘managed migration’ is a misnomer as the onus is on claimants to make a fresh claim for Universal Credit. Failure to make a claim within the tight specified timeframes will result in the legacy claim being terminated."

"15. As explained above, not all Universal Credit claimants are eligible to receive Transitional Protection. The following table compares the three routes to claiming Universal Credit."
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 30 Dec 2018 17:31 #12487

  • comply or die
  • comply or die's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2724
  • Thank you received: 3285
Quote: "12. However, the term ‘managed migration’ is a misnomer as the onus is on claimants to make a fresh claim for Universal Credit. Failure to make a claim within the tight specified timeframes will result in the legacy claim being terminated."

I`ve read that anyone on legacy ESA (claimed before April 2017) who are `managed` onto UC will be sent a letter asking them to make a claim for Universal Credit, but are given three MONTHS in which to do this. The onus is definitely still on the claimant to make their own UC claim and not `managed` by DWP at all. This might be confusing for a lot of peeps. I think the term `managed` is misleading because it`s relating to being `helped` onto UC when it isn`t.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 30 Dec 2018 18:22 #12489

  • Catwoman
  • Catwoman's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Elite Member
  • Posts: 168
  • Thank you received: 342
Does this mean esa claimants will lose the extra money they get when they make a claim for uc.?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: comply or die, jobber, TheFinnster

universal credit,stupid questions, 30 Dec 2018 19:16 #12490

  • Paul-UB40
  • Paul-UB40's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Administrator
  • Posts: 2851
  • Thank you received: 2597
Catwoman wrote:
Does this mean esa claimants will lose the extra money they get when they make a claim for uc.?

Im not Certain, But most Likely Yes, As I have read somewhere another Million Pound CUTS to Benefits is on the Way; This will be I suspect
On Top of Cuts that Brexit is likely to Bring. Not looking to Bright in 2019. :angry: :ohmy:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber

universal credit,stupid questions, 31 Dec 2018 11:46 #12503

  • comply or die
  • comply or die's Avatar
  • OFFLINE
  • Platinum Member
  • Posts: 2724
  • Thank you received: 3285
Catwoman asked: Does this mean esa claimants will lose the extra money they get when they make a claim for uc.?

Two scenarios here Catwoman. If you claimed ESA before April 2017 and are found `fit for work` and go onto appeal and win, you KEEP the extra Limited Capability for Work element (the £29 a week on top of the £73.10p a week) because your ESA claim has not been broken IF you have NOT claimed UC in the time between the ESA fit for work decision and any appeal success. If on the other hand someone claims UC while their ESA stoppage is being considered and they still win back their ESA award after appealing, then they would lose the extra premium because under UC, it is not paid.

So the bottom line is yes, you keep the LCW element as long as you don`t touch UC while your ESA claim is being reconsidered. If you do, you say bye, bye to your extra weekly top up. But you would then be on UC and be under the LCW group, which means the old WRAG group. LCWRA (Limited Capability for Work Related Activity) is the old Support Group of ESA.

It`s worth holding off claiming Universal Credit between ESA fit for work decisions and making a claim for UC if you can afford to do so, but a lot depends on savings and making sure your council is kept updated on your circumstances. They would ask you to fill in a change of circumstance form and also a nil income form and to see two months bank statements and base their assessment on your income from those. Housing benefit should be paid for a time but I can`t say (at the moment) how long that would be, but I may be in this very situation shortly myself so will be able to update members on this if I do.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jobber, TheFinnster, london123
­